Time & Location
About The Event
This fun and interactive workshop will provide delegates with the capability to locate the vein and build confidence in the art of drawing blood. By the end of this practical session delegates should be able to locate and palpate a vein with their eyes closed!
Who Should Attend
This practical one day session is aimed at:
- Health Care Assistants
- Receptionist and Clerical Staff
- Locate and palpate a vein
- Practice drawing blood from a dummy patient arm
- Understand the different needles and blood receptacles
- The importance of infection control
- Sharps injury awareness
This is an introduction to phlebotomy and delegates must complete a minimum of 10 supervised blood draws in practice under the guidance of their own clinicians to become qualified. Attendees MUST have an up-to-date Hepatitis B and must sign to state they are covered.