Growing Care Navigation at the GP reception PART TWO
Time & Location
About The Event
13.00-13.30 - Lunch & Registration
Setting The Scene – where we are now
- Review where we are now – what’s happening?
- Initiatives – introduced any? how are they impacting?
- What still needs to happen?
Triage – Signposting – Care Navigation
- Its not about ‘saving” appointments, its about getting people helped!
- Will patients accept signposting? – looking at the evidence
- Changing our approach to patient requests for appointments
- Examining the current ‘burden’ in patient calls – reworking the balance
- Owning the call, holding the problem, changing our approach
- Growing our self-confidence for signposting
- How my personal values affect my signposting approach
- Building on our communication skills from part 1 – reaction and rapport
- What do we say to patients- and what does this really mean to them?
- Care navigation sentences and buzz words – advice, guidance and samples
Getting ready for the change of process
- The run-up to change – saying ‘goodbye’ – are we ready?
- What is my reaction to change and why?
- Barriers to change and overcoming these
- Neuroplasticity – opportunities and potential of change – energizing our work
Care navigation decisions and destinations
- Examining again the in-practice decision tree
- Usefulness of in-practice directory?
- General discussion on internal and external destinations
- What information have we introduced to support signposting?
REFLECTED LEARNING – where to now?