Time & Location
About The Event
Safe Hands aim to help practitioners to improve the standard of care provided and increase their confidence in dealing with the acutely ill adult patient by learning an accessible patient assessment and management system.
Furthermore, we will address medical drugs, drug preparation and administration, doses and routes of administration and, finally, contraindications where indicated. Questions will be answered through workshop and simulation-based education using a “hands on” interactive approach.
On completion the participant will be able to:
• demonstrate, recognise, assess and treat the “unwell” patient using a structured A, B, C, D, E approach;
• demonstrate preparation and delivery of emergency oxygen;
• recognise and manage medical emergencies;
• demonstrate indications/contraindications, preparation; administration and delivery of emergency drugs;
• demonstrate awareness of legal, ethical and professional duty of care
This is a certified course following Resuscitation UK and European Resuscitation Council guidelines.